Re: is there a program that converts video files to mp3 formats?

David Moore

Hi Keith,
There are two websites where you can convert Youtube videos to mp3 audio format. The first:
The second:
I like the second one better, because the video can be longer. The way you use both of these is to play the video on youtube. Press alt + D and ctrl + C to copy the url of the video playing. Then, open up one of these websites, and paste the url in the edit box that you copied from youtube. Then, enter on convert. Within a few seconds, the converted audio will be ready for download. Just download it to your computer. That is it. The second website has converted every video into mp3 for me. Let me know how this works out. There are other free file converters you can ownload as well. They are actual desktop programs. Have a great one.

Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: is there a program that converts video files to mp3 formats?

Hi Brian,

This is interesting. Can you explain more about how it’s done, or where we can learn to do it? I’m most interested in capturing mp3 files of YouTube videos.

Thanks, Keith

Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2016 5:38 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: is there a program that converts video files to mp3 formats?

David,

If you happen to be a VLC Media Player user there is a way to use it to do this. The procedure isn't simple, but extracting the audio from a video probably isn't going to be with any product.

Also, VLC can be used for saving any audio or video stream (e.g., YouTube). 

Brian

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.