Re: JAWS 16 question and comment

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Trouble is history has shown it doesn't work. Getting a fresh copy from FS works every tine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ann Byrne [mailto:annakb@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 11:19 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS 16 question and comment

The easiest way to upgrade is to go to JAWS/help/check for updates. That way the software determines whether you have a 64-bit or 32-bit computer, and you don't have to.

At 09:57 AM 12/29/2015, you wrote:
Hi, all,
I have been told that one can find the latest link for
JAWS 16 and install it right on top of
Either of the 2 previous JAWS 16 versions.
(I installed the first JAWS 16).
So one can install onto the old without removing the existing J 16
Right?

Thanks in advance.

My comment isthat thank heavens Iam not using Windows 10. I purchased
a new sma only tofind that F S brought out a new JAWS version (17)
when JAWS 16 definitely hampers the use of JAWS and Adobe.
At least I canstill use earlier versions of JAWS to use Adobe. In
Windows 10, I would be at the mercy of mandatory Microsoft updates
without ability to use Adobe.