Re: Seeing your download
Ted, am I missing something, or do you press control-j to open a window showing download progress? This worked for me in IE11, as it has done in earlier versions of IE. As an aside, Chrome makes this information all but moot because it downloads even big files so incredibly fast.
From: Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) [mailto:Ted.Lisle@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2016 10:28 AM
Subject: Seeing your download
Pardon me for changing the thread here, but I’ve recently noticed something since switching to 11, and I think I saw something about it on this list earlier. I can no longer track the progress of my download on screen. Is there a default to restore the older behavior? It might be right there on the opening screen, and I didn’t know to look for it.
Good evening Mike!
I am sorry to have to pester you with this, but do you know of a similar extension for Mozilla Firefox? Most unfortunately, there are still some pages I have an easier time working with in Firefox, than in Chrome.
I finally found an extension that plays a sound when a download is complete. Info is below:
Compatible with your device
Another change is, there will be more than one notification card displayed.
All things now could be configured via options page.
and one more thing (might be buggy):
This extension does two things:
1. Disabled the download shelf. Yes, I personally do not like it. So when I get the change, I just disabled it. You will get a badge while something is
2. Display a desktop notification when your downloading finished, and you could find it by one simple click.
TODO(May be implemented in future, may not):
1. An animated browser action icon which could show the downloading progress
2. A "OPEN" button on the notification card -- depends on whether Google would allow me to do so. [V0.0.4 added]
3. A popup shows all the downloads -- actually it was almost there, if there had not been some annoying bugs.