Re: Need Steps For Updating Internet Explorer

Adrian Spratt

I just downgraded from IE11 to IE10, and so far, performance is improved. I’m also using Win7, along with JAWS 17. I’m told that IE11 was created to address certain browser problems associated with other operating systems and that IE10 is still supported by MS.

From: Tom Behler [mailto:tombehler@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2016 8:26 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Need Steps For Updating Internet Explorer

Hello.

Can someone give me the steps to update Internet Explorer to IE 11?

Currently, on this laptop I use for work, I have IE 9.

As we all know, IE 9 will soon not be supported, so I’m thinking I need to bite the bullet and upgrade to IE 11.

For reasons I still don’t understand, I had significant problems when trying to enter information into text edit boxes in IE 11 on my home computer this past summer, so I thought I’d upgrade the work computer to IE 11 first, and deal with the home PC from there.

I’m currently using Jaws 16 with Windows 7.

Also, when you upgrade, are your favorites preserved, or will I have to re-create them for the new version?

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan