Re: Is There a Way For Me to Change...

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I guess you could cheat if you know how to manipulate the old DOS Date command.  Just set your system back, resave the file, and reset the date back to the current date.  It may not work, and I can’t see why anyone would want to do it, but that’s the best I can come up with on short notice.

Ted

From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@...]
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2015 12:15 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Is There a Way For Me to Change...

Date created cannot be changed through any easy means since it's meant to denote when file was actually created.  What gets shown by default in the generic "date" field in Windows Explorer is not date created, but date modified.  Any time a file is edited by any program that makes any changes that get saved the date modified will be updated.  Date created remains fixed at the date the file was created on the system.

You get some interesting results when you copy files with regard to these two dates.  The copied versions will have a date created of the date & time when you pasted them.  However, their date modified will be carried over from the original files, so you can have something that shows a date created of today but a date modified of three years ago.

Brian