Re: IE 11 with Jaws 17

Michael Mote

I wonder if you have the new smart navigation feature on.  That has been introduced in JAWS 17, and it makes navigating pages different.  You may want to check and see if it is turned on, and if so, disable it for the page you’re referring to.  You can do this by pressing JAWS Key plus V, and then searching for smart navigation.  Good luck!

From: Jean Menzies [mailto:jemenzies@...]
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 6:13 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: IE 11 with Jaws 17

I just upgraded to Windows 10, but I don’t think that’s the issue here. Using Jaws 17 and IE in Windows 10. When I go to a site like the Manage my apple ID page, I am finding it virtually impossible to navigate outside of edit fields. I can’t explain exactly what’s happening, but it’s like I can only read parts of the page, and old arrowing options aren’t working. One thing I remember is that in a combo edit field, the arrow keys actually are inserting numbers. Just strange behaviour all around.

IE 11 isn’t new. Jaws 17 is quite new for me, and Windows 10 is brand new. Any ideas what might be going on here?

Jean