Re: What is the issue with Captchas?

Gudrun Brunot

Yes, Brian, you may well include captcha practice. I'd sign up myself for that... The link to audio will open, certainly, even play something. There is usually so much background hiss, the enunciation so unclear, that you can hardly hear what's spoken. Things are not made easier by the fact that you need to alt-tab back into notepad (if you've had the foresight to launch it to be at the ready for jotting down the darned string). I am not an inexperienced web visitor, but I find myself more and more saving those instances where I must interact with webpages and fill out forms to such days when I have a reader. I just lost my very excellent one, by the way. Painful.

Anyway, I've tried Webvisum as well, and had no luck.

Gudrun the captcha hater

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 4:55 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: What is the issue with Captchas?

. . . and I ask that question in all sincerity, since I haven't yet had a client complain to me about not being able to get past them.

The version I'm seeing these days always includes a "pronounce it" button an a "reload another" button attached to the Captcha, and I'm wondering if those simply don't work when working with JAWS.

I may have to include "Captcha practice" at some point in the future, as I know they're fairly ubiquitous.

Brian

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.