Re: What is the issue with Captchas?

Brad Martin

Some of them have gotten better than they used to be. I swear some of the old ones were so muffled you'd hear
oo
and you didn't know if
oo
was
2
or

**ee
was it

Some sites still don't have audio captchas, and in some cases where they do, the audio opens in a media player, so JAWS loses focus and you have to rush to get back to where you can type the captcha, by which point you've missed half the letters.

Brad

On 1/5/2016 6:54 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

. . . and I ask that question in all sincerity, since I haven't yet had a client complain to me about not being able to get past them.

The version I'm seeing these days always includes a "pronounce it" button an a "reload another" button attached to the Captcha, and I'm wondering if those simply don't work when working with JAWS.

I may have to include "Captcha practice" at some point in the future, as I know they're fairly ubiquitous.

Brian