Re: What is the issue with Captchas?

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

Maria, you are so right. I myself have a hearing loss, and I find it so annoying.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maria Campbell
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 8:08 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: What is the issue with Captchas?

Well of course, we can't see the letters, numbers, etc., but to add
insult to injury, the audible presentation is so garbled, it's hard to
tell, what to enter what one is supposed to hears. And that doesn't
even come close to the additional problems for people with hearing loss,
such as myself.

On 1/5/2016 6:54 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
. . . and I ask that question in all sincerity, since I haven't yet had
a client complain to me about not being able to get past them.

The version I'm seeing these days always includes a "pronounce it"
button an a "reload another" button attached to the Captcha, and I'm
wondering if those simply don't work when working with JAWS.

I may have to include "Captcha practice" at some point in the future, as
I know they're fairly ubiquitous.

Brian

--

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell

Be patient with God: Be patient with yourself: Be patient with others.