Re: Firefox WebVisum problem

cecropia64

Good luck.  I wrote to them and got no reply at all.  Nobody seems to be home at the Web Visum site.  I doubt that they will say or do anything to repair the non-functioning addon.  But I'm glad to see that someone besides me and a few others are trying to do something.  It's kind of refreshing.

On 1/5/2016 6:26 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Jean & Gerald,

      Based on this thread I have written to the folks who code WebVisum to ask if they intend to create a signed version.

      Gerald's instructions definitely work, but they also disable what I think is a valuable security feature that Firefox has added.  Any add-on coder is going to have to update their add-ons to be signed if they are to have any long term future.  I am hoping that the reply will be that a signed add-on is in the works.  If it is, and you get it, it's worth reversing that tweak to allow unsigned add-ons.

Brian