Re: Firefox WebVisum problem

Cristóbal

Good luck hearing back from them. As has been mentioned before, the add-on is more or less a zombi now. Dev’s aren’t supporting it or responding  to inquiries. It’ll work until it doesn’t at this point.

It would be great if you did get any sort of anser back though.

From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@...]
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 3:27 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Firefox WebVisum problem

Jean & Gerald,

      Based on this thread I have written to the folks who code WebVisum to ask if they intend to create a signed version.

      Gerald's instructions definitely work, but they also disable what I think is a valuable security feature that Firefox has added.  Any add-on coder is going to have to update their add-ons to be signed if they are to have any long term future.  I am hoping that the reply will be that a signed add-on is in the works.  If it is, and you get it, it's worth reversing that tweak to allow unsigned add-ons.

Brian