From: Page, Aaron [mailto:Aaron.Page@mso.umt.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:33 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS command for "SaySysTray" ...

Hi Carolyn,

I have found that I have to make all of the notification tray icons visible in order for them to be seen by JAWS. By default Windows will collapse the notification tray and I believe JAWS may not be seeing the icons when they are collapsed. Here are the steps in Windows 10:

1. Press Windows+b
2. Use arrows to move to the date/time
3. Press Shift+F10 or press your application key and select Properties 4. Tab to and select the Customize button 5. Tab to and select "Select which icons appear on the task bar"
6. Press Tab then Ctrl+Home to move to the "Always show all icons in the notification area" button (this is read as "button" by JAWS but behaves as a checkbox) 7. Press Spacebar to check the box

As soon as you check the box you can press Insert+F11 to view your complete list of system tray icons. I have done this on all of my computers using JAWS. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Aaron M. Page