Re: JAWS command for "SaySysTray" ...

Aaron,

         What's interesting in Windows 10, at least the part of the interface that follows the new format, is that the object you describe is neither a button nor a checkbox, but a relatively recent addition to the GUI pantheon known as a slider switch.  It behaves, as you note, exactly like a checkbox and has the states of "On" or "Off."

         I don't know if either of the following ways of getting to the "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" settings would be faster and/or easier than the method you've already offered, but I thought I'd mention both of them.

  1. You can enter "select icons" as the search criteria in the Cortana/Windows Search box and the only thing returned from the search is the "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" icon.
  2. If you happen to be in Settings already, using "select icons" in the search box inside the Settings dialog also returns only the "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" icon.

At that point I'd imagine a single Tab would land you on that search result to activate it and tweak the setting for showing all icons to which you've already referred.

Brian