Re: JAWS command for "SaySysTray" ...

Adrian Spratt

Try the Windows command, Windows key+b.

I don’t really understand this post. For example, a user doesn’t “set” the insert-F11 command. it’s a JAWS keystroke designated for putting focus in the system tray.

From: HAMILTON [mailto:jim.hamilton@...]
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2016 5:08 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: JAWS command for "SaySysTray" ...

HI ALL, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Among some of the more bothersome differences between JAWS 16 and JAWS 17 is the following irony:

Although I have set “SaySysTray”, in JAWS 17 - as I had it set in JAWS 16, to: “ins/JAWSKey+F11”, this command will not work.  It just “sits there”!

Farther down the JAWS 17 list of JAWS Keyboard commands is:  “ViewSysTrayItems”, and this is set to:  “control+shift+F11”.  However, this simply displays a list of what’s on the SysTray; but, you cannot take any action on the listed SysTray items.  Whereas, with the “SaySysTray” command, you could “do something” with the items on the SysTray, e.g. open the “context menu” to “safely remove hardware”, access network settings, etc.

Suggestions, as to how to get this function to work,  will be gratefully welcomed.  Thank you.

Jim H

P.S.:   When I can as clearly identify/describe other “bothersome” JAWS 17 issues, “I’ll be back”!