JAWS command for "SaySysTray" ...

HAMILTON

HI ALL, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Among some of the more bothersome differences between JAWS 16 and JAWS 17 is
the following irony:

Although I have set "SaySysTray", in JAWS 17 - as I had it set in JAWS 16,
to: "ins/JAWSKey+F11", this command will not work. It just "sits there"!

Farther down the JAWS 17 list of JAWS Keyboard commands is:
"ViewSysTrayItems", and this is set to: "control+shift+F11". However, this
simply displays a list of what's on the SysTray; but, you cannot take any
action on the listed SysTray items. Whereas, with the "SaySysTray" command,
you could "do something" with the items on the SysTray, e.g. open the
"context menu" to "safely remove hardware", access network settings, etc.

Suggestions, as to how to get this function to work, will be gratefully
welcomed. Thank you.

Jim H

P.S.: When I can as clearly identify/describe other "bothersome" JAWS 17
issues, "I'll be back"!