Re: FS Reader and Daisy Books

Soronel Haetir

FS reader allows you to read daisy format material, an e-book format
specifically designed with accessibility in mind.

Daisy allows either (or both) printed and audio material to be
combined in a single unit.

FS has quite a lot of training material available in daisy format,
also the national library service's material for the blind is now
distributed in this format, as well as books from bookshare and
learningally.

Actually using fs reader is fairly easy, it has one pane that allows
navigation through a table of contents and a second pane that allows
navigation through the book text (if that is included, NLS books for
one do not). Although NLS books are also encrypted such that they
cannot be played on any computer-based daisy player, only with a
standalone device (NLS provides a basic device to anyone who qualifies
for the materials for the blind program).

On 1/4/16, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:
How does FS Reader work. It is on my Desktop, but I have no idea what it
does or how it does it. Thanks.

Bye for now,

Carolyn