Re: Home based employment

Charles Coe

She is applying for a dictation job. 

Sent: Monday, January 4, 2016 6:32 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Home based employment

Hi Laura!  It really depends on the position you are taking, and what their specific requirements are.  You may want to consult with whoever you are working for or plan to work for in the future to get an idea of what they want you to use.  You will most likely need a fast Internet connection that is wired.  Wifi works sometimes, but there are no guarantees.  Also, a wired connection is much more secure.  You may also need a land line for telephone purposes, although some companies use soft phone applications now that run on your computer.  Again, that really depends on the company you work for, and what their requirements are for the job itself.  Hope this helps!

Sent: Monday, January 04, 2016 7:04 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Home based employment

Hi list members,

I’m currently searching for a customer service, medical transcription, or other home based position  but am not sure what extra equipment I might need to do these types of jobs from home.  Do I need special software, special headset and/or ear bud, etc.?  I use Windows 7 and Jaws 15.

Could somebody please share their current or past experience with home based employment?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Laura

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.