Re: Are there any NVDA (or WindowEyes) and JAWS "dual users" or people who've used both here?

Londa Peterson

 Hi Brian, I'm a bit late to this party, but here are my thoughts. I've found that with some clients, it's actually easier to teach them how to get out of forms mode than it is to teach them to remember to invoke it. I have had some students that no matter how much I drilled them, they simply couldn't remember to invoke forms mode when they needed it. Auto forms mode has saved me a lot of trouble over the years. I'm a firm believer in showing a person all the options and then letting them pick what they like. In most cases, I've found this to be the best.

From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@...]
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2015 10:30 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Are there any NVDA (or WindowEyes) and JAWS "dual users" or people who've used both here?

Brad,

           That is precisely what I was hoping to hear, and makes me very inclined to start encouraging my clients to turn off the auto feature for forms mode and use manual mode instead.   This seems so much cleaner and less error prone from my perspective.  Of course, ever man or woman to his or her own taste!

Brian

P.S. to the cohort:  I never mind when random readers jump in to answer a question when they see it first.  I just habitually address the question to the poster whose original post triggered it.