How do you know if your Windows is 64 bit

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

Had a disaster yesterday with my laptop, and to make a long story short, I have a new one.
In the meantime, I needed to use my wife's computer, which has Microsoft Office 10 loaded on it (I'm still on Office 2003 at work). I have Jaws 11 loaded on my wife's machine and thought I'd take advantage of the Office 10-related features of Jaws 12. I downloaded the 32 bit version of JAWS 12; however, when I went to install, I was told that the particular version of JAWS was not designed to run on that computer -- via an error message.
I don't remember ever messing with 64 bit JAWS, but it has been more than a year since I messed with my wife's computer.
I started thinking it could be that my wife's computer has the 64 bit flavor of Windows 7, but I don't know.
Certainly the JAWS error message could have been more helpful. So, I thought I'd check to see if it is, indeed, a 64 bit version of Windows 7; however, I don't know how to do that. Can anyone give me a pointer?
Assuming it isn't 64 bit (and I really don't think it is), I'm wondering if anyone else has ever encountered the "Not for use on this computer" message by the JAWS install program.
Thanks in advance.

I. Edward Marquette
Direct Dial: 816.502.4646
Mobile: 816.812.0088
Google Voice: 408.692.5640
Facsimile: 816.960.0041
Kutak Rock LLP
1010 Grand Boulevard
Suite 500
Kansas City, MO 64106
ed.marquette@kutakrock.com

#############################################################################################################
ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR
RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20110928/662805b6/attachment.html>

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.