From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Mike & Barbara
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:14 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Checkmark / Square Root symbol

Hi Dave;

The ascii code for the checkmark / square root symbol is supposed to be, Alt

+ 251, but when this ascii symbol is typed inserted, Jaws reads the
+ letter,
V. I am assuming this is because, possibly anyways, that the checkmark /
square root symbol resembles the letter, V. What do you think? Also, I as
of yet, have found no way to add extra symbols to the symbols list, i.e.,
Insert + 4 on the number row. Thank you very much for your reply. Take
care.
Mike