Re: grammatical issues

Alice Dampman Humel <alicedh@...>

I’ve been informed this thread was shut down, which I did not know this morning, but since I made my remarks publicly, which may have also been wrong, I’ll risk censure from the mods by replying publicly and to say that your apology is happily and readily accepted, and I apologize if I, in my turn, was out of line.
I did not make my remarks to “scold” you or chastise you, but rather to, well, what, enlighten, perhaps?
I’m glad we’re all good again, and we all make mistakes, we all have weaknesses, and we all want to do better in every way we can, and we all  want to give help when we can and ask for help when we need it, so no hard feelings?

On Jan 1, 2016, at 10:52 AM, douglas richard dexheimer <drichardd@...> wrote:

my deepest apologies for being so inconsiderate and uncaring.  i'll try to be more thoughtful and tolerant of others' linguistic manners. thanks for pointing out my weaknesses in this issue, and being tolerant and understanding of my language/writing preferences.  happy new year all!  god bless everyone!

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
cell phone 913-244-0612
drichardd@...

On 1/1/2016 7:01 AM, Alice Dampman Humel wrote:
I think I can help Mr. Dexheimer solve the mysteries of his grammatical
issue.
Karim’s messages are actually crystal clear. He asked for help finding a
link to JAWS 17. He is thanking those who helped him figure something
out. He went out of his way to even apologize for being a bother, which
he of course was not at all, for isn’t that what this list is for, to
help each other? He wished us all a good night. In other words, although
the spelling might have been somewhat quirky, the tone of his messages
was pleasant, friendly, and charming.
Now we get to Mr. Dexheimer's messages, also with no capitalization and
some questionable turns of phrase. Your messages, their deficiencies
notwithstanding, were also clear. The tone was quite unfriendly and
mean-spirited.
Now the $64,000 question? whose messages would I rather read?
Particularly when I read Mr. Dexheimer's sig info.
He is in a position of some influence as the Chief of Braille Production
at something called Born-Again Productions.
I wonder how his fellow religious would feel about his decidedly
uncharitable treatment of someone who has been nothing but nice to us?
Happy New Year.

On Dec 29, 2015, at 9:32 PM, Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...
<mailto:kevinthourigan@...>> wrote:

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet

Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 07:02:31 -0700
From: Bill White <billwhite92701@...
<mailto:billwhite92701@...>>
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
<jfw@... <mailto:jfw@...>>
CC: douglas richard dexheimer <drichardd@...
<mailto:drichardd@...>>

Flash protected mode is a security feature for Firefox which is
implemented
by Adobe for Windows operating systems (Windows Vista/7/8 or
above).
This
feature is enabled by default, to make it difficult for
attackers to
access
your computer.

Flash protected mode might cause Flash performance problems in
Firefox, such
as persistent hangs or plugin crashes. This is especially
true for
users on
Windows touchscreen devices and for users who use
accessibility tools.

You can turn off Flash protected mode by following these steps:

1. Press Control plus l to open the Location bar, type
about:config and
press Enter.

. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning
page may
appear.
Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue to the
about:config page.

2. Search for

dom.ipc.plugins.flash.disable-protected-mode

in the list of preferences.

3. Press Enter on the preference to toggle its value from
false to true.

4. Press CONTROL plus W to close the about:config window.

5. Close Firefox, and re-launch Firefox for the new setting
to take
effect.

Bill White billwhite92701@...
<mailto:billwhite92701@...>

can download it at www.getadblock.com
<http://www.getadblock.com> if you want it. It has fixed
most of my issues.

Brad

On 9/20/2015 10:15 PM, douglas richard dexheimer wrote:
I can still listen to the stations or videos in question
on my
iphone; sometimes when I get a crash message in FF (on
my
win7
computer using nvda) I try the link in my ot her
browsers--sometimes
it works, other times not.  other browsers may get
unresponsive, or
show the controls but no sound is heard from the
embedded player.
I'll get a message like "embedded object unavailable."
why would
flash's security diminish with later versions of
firefox--i.e., why
did those sites work in earlier ff versions on my older
windows xp
computer, but not in the current version on my new
windows 7 machine?

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
cell phone 913-244-0612
drichardd@... <mailto:drichardd@...>

On 9/20/2015 9:28 PM, Brad Martin wrote:
Sorry you didn't get my response from a few days ago.
Trying
again...

What I wrote regarding Firefox 40.0.3 was:

That should work. I thought you were going to say the
buttons
weren't
reading for you correctly, because that is often the
case with
Firefox.
Flash reads
better with Internet Explorer. If you're getting a
message that
Flash is
disabled, it suggests that there is a security flaw in
Flash and
Firefox
is blocking
access to it until Adobe releases a patched version of
Flash.
If
it's
crashing, that's a beast of another color.

Brad
brad@... <mailto:brad@...>

On 9/20/2015 8:58 PM, douglas richard dexheimer via Jfw
wrote:
did anyone get this yet?  I've gotten no response so far.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
cell phone 913-244-0612
drichardd@... <mailto:drichardd@...>

On 9/15/2015 3:22 PM, douglas richard dexheimer wrote:
using firefox 40.0.3; what is the latest version that
supports
afp? on
some websites that use flash content (youtube,
spotify, live365,
video
streaming sites with embedded objects or players,
etc.) I get a
popup
saying the adobe flash plug-in has crashed.  the same
site may or
may
not work on other browsers such as IE, chrome or webbIE.
uninstalling
and reinstalling afp didn't improve things.  thanks
for your
feedback.

Brad Martin
brad@... <mailto:brad@...>
<mailto:brad@...>
My Facebook page where I post online shopping coupons
and
deals:

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version
of virus