Re: grammatical issues

Adrian Spratt

You must have missed Douglas Dexheimer’s gracious apology.

For the record, there’s always going to be a tension on a global list like this between honoring foreigners who speak English better than I, for one, speak their language, and the concerns many people have about literacy among English speakers.

From: Alice Dampman Humel [mailto:alicedh@...]
Sent: Friday, January 01, 2016 8:01 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: grammatical issues

I think I can help Mr. Dexheimer solve the mysteries of his grammatical issue.

Karim’s messages are actually crystal clear. He asked for help finding a link to JAWS 17. He is thanking those who helped him figure something out. He went out of his way to even apologize for being a bother, which he of course was not at all, for isn’t that what this list is for, to help each other? He wished us all a good night. In other words, although the spelling might have been somewhat quirky, the tone of his messages was pleasant, friendly, and charming.

Now we get to Mr. Dexheimer's messages, also with no capitalization and some questionable turns of phrase. Your messages, their deficiencies notwithstanding, were also clear. The tone was quite unfriendly and mean-spirited.

Now the $64,000 question? whose messages would I rather read?

Particularly when I read Mr. Dexheimer's sig info.

He is in a position of some influence as the Chief of Braille Production at something called Born-Again Productions.

I wonder how his fellow religious would feel about his decidedly uncharitable treatment of someone who has been nothing but nice to us?

Happy New Year.

On Dec 29, 2015, at 9:32 PM, Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...> wrote:

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet

Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 07:02:31 -0700
From: Bill White <billwhite92701@...

<mailto:billwhite92701@...>>

To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

<jfw@... <mailto:jfw@...>>

CC: douglas richard dexheimer <drichardd@...

<mailto:drichardd@...>>

Flash protected mode is a security feature for Firefox which is
implemented
by Adobe for Windows operating systems (Windows Vista/7/8 or

above).
This

feature is enabled by default, to make it difficult for

attackers to

access
your computer.

Flash protected mode might cause Flash performance problems in
Firefox, such
as persistent hangs or plugin crashes. This is especially

true for

users on
Windows touchscreen devices and for users who use

accessibility tools.

You can turn off Flash protected mode by following these steps:

1. Press Control plus l to open the Location bar, type

about:config and

press Enter.

. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning

page may

appear.
Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue to the

about:config page.

2. Search for

dom.ipc.plugins.flash.disable-protected-mode

in the list of preferences.

3. Press Enter on the preference to toggle its value from

false to true.

4. Press CONTROL plus W to close the about:config window.

5. Close Firefox, and re-launch Firefox for the new setting

to take

effect.

Bill White billwhite92701@...

<mailto:billwhite92701@...>

can download it at www.getadblock.com

<http://www.getadblock.com> if you want it. It has fixed

most of my issues.

Brad

On 9/20/2015 10:15 PM, douglas richard dexheimer wrote:

I can still listen to the stations or videos in question

on my

iphone; sometimes when I get a crash message in FF (on

my
win7

computer using nvda) I try the link in my ot her

browsers--sometimes

it works, other times not.  other browsers may get

unresponsive, or

show the controls but no sound is heard from the

embedded player.

I'll get a message like "embedded object unavailable."

why would

flash's security diminish with later versions of

firefox--i.e., why

did those sites work in earlier ff versions on my older

windows xp

computer, but not in the current version on my new

windows 7 machine?

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
cell phone 913-244-0612
drichardd@... <mailto:drichardd@...>

On 9/20/2015 9:28 PM, Brad Martin wrote:

Sorry you didn't get my response from a few days ago.

Trying

again...

What I wrote regarding Firefox 40.0.3 was:

That should work. I thought you were going to say the

buttons

weren't
reading for you correctly, because that is often the

case with

Firefox.
Flash reads
better with Internet Explorer. If you're getting a

message that

Flash is
disabled, it suggests that there is a security flaw in

Flash and

Firefox
is blocking
access to it until Adobe releases a patched version of

Flash.
If

it's
crashing, that's a beast of another color.

Brad
brad@... <mailto:brad@...>

On 9/20/2015 8:58 PM, douglas richard dexheimer via Jfw

wrote:

did anyone get this yet?  I've gotten no response so far.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
cell phone 913-244-0612
drichardd@... <mailto:drichardd@...>

On 9/15/2015 3:22 PM, douglas richard dexheimer wrote:

using firefox 40.0.3; what is the latest version that

supports

afp? on
some websites that use flash content (youtube,

spotify, live365,

video
streaming sites with embedded objects or players,

etc.) I get a

popup
saying the adobe flash plug-in has crashed.  the same

site may or

may
not work on other browsers such as IE, chrome or webbIE.
uninstalling
and reinstalling afp didn't improve things.  thanks

for your

feedback.

Brad Martin
brad@... <mailto:brad@...>

<mailto:brad@...>

My Facebook page where I post online shopping coupons

and
deals:

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version

of virus