going out of their way to not make their material accessible even though
it was posted to Blackboard, but that's not altogether Blackboard's
fault--even if, from a user perspective, there's very little difference.

On Wed, December 30, 2015 1:46 pm, Mcginnis, Barbara wrote:
I have found that whether JAWS works well or not depends on the individual
inputting the information. I had one professor that designed his
Blackboard so that all pictures/symbols were identified and it worked more
like Moodle than Blackboard. I had another professor that did nothing to
make the site accessible. I don't use JAWS but I always like to see if a
site will work with JAWS and since I took six or eight classes using JAWS
and Blackboard, I got a good chance to see what works. I should says that
the professor that designed the accessible Blackboard taught classes for
occupational therapist, special education teachers, etc.

________________________________
From: James Homuth <james@the-jdh.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 12:49 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS With Blackboard

Interesting. I haven't seen that on this end and I've had to edit things
rather extensively. What JAWS version and web browser?

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 07:47 pm, Kevin Hourigan wrote:

Hi,

I found Blackboard manageable,but I would not say there were no issues.
The thing I had the most problem with was editing; there was not a
character response, and when I felt I made a typo error, I had to exit,
and start all over again, that said, it improved my typing skills, haahaa.

Happy New Year.

Kevin