Re: JAWS With Blackboard

Mcginnis, Barbara

I have found that whether JAWS works well or not depends on the individual inputting the information.  I had one professor that designed his Blackboard so that all pictures/symbols were identified and it worked more like Moodle than Blackboard.  I had another professor that did nothing to make the site accessible.  I don't use JAWS but I always like to see if a site will work with JAWS and since I took six or eight classes using JAWS and Blackboard, I got a good chance to see what works.  I should says that the professor that designed the accessible Blackboard taught classes for occupational therapist, special education teachers, etc.

From: James Homuth <james@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 12:49 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS With Blackboard

Interesting. I haven't seen that on this end and I've had to edit things rather extensively. What JAWS version and web browser?

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 07:47 pm, Kevin Hourigan wrote:

Hi,

I found Blackboard manageable,but I would not say there were no issues. The thing I had the most problem with was editing; there was not a character  response, and when I felt I made a typo error, I had to exit, and start all over again, that said, it improved my typing skills, haahaa.

Happy New Year.

Kevin