Re: inquiry into the use of aim with jaws

Nicole Massey <nyyki@...>

It sounds like Facebook has changed their chat protocols, so none of the external chat clients can work with Facebook right now, with the possible exception of Skype. This isn't a jaws issue, as everyone blind or sighted is no longer able to get this working.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Martin [mailto:brad@...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 8:24 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: inquiry into the use of aim with jaws

You might want to wait on Thunderbird. I know I've done it before, but
I don't know if Facebook has made a change or what. Thunderbird won't
connect to Facebook for me. This is not a JAWS issue, but I will keep
working on it, and if I get it figured out, I'll make the
recommendation again. It works fine with JAWS if you can get it to
connect.

Brad

On 12/29/2015 8:03 PM, Brad Martin wrote:

I remember installing a version of AIM that didn't work at all
with JAWS, and then figuring out I had to install the 7.2 you
mentioned. However, now if I'm going to Facebook chat, I use the
Thunderbird Email client from Mozilla. It also supports chat, including
Facebook chat, and last time I tried it, it worked fine with JAWS 15.

Brad

On 12/29/2015 4:18 AM, Eric Ngondi wrote:

Dear jfw friends,
I trust you are all well and want to wish you a merry
Christmas and a
fruitful season.
I am also inquiring if anyone can inform me of how to
download and
install the compatible version of AIM chat software
developed for
instant messenging by AOL, American on line.
I for a long time used the aim chat software that
intergrates with
facebook to chat with my facebook friends.
The version of AIM that worked so well with JAWS was the
7.2.
However the version is no longer available and since the
beginning of
this year, I have been unable to interact with my face
bbook friends
as before since I cannot find a compatible version of the
aim
software.
Anyone who has found a solution to this? I will greatly
appreciate
your assistance in this matter.
Regards,
Stan