Re: JAWS 16 question and comment

Maria Campbell

I don't understand what the problem is about messages to upgrade. You set whether you want to be notified of upgrades or not.
If you set not to be notified, you simply won't know when there is an update, unless you hear of it on these lists.

On 12/29/2015 2:00 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 11:46 am, Marsha wrote:

I have never been bugged about upgrading Jaws. Is there a problem
or is there a setting?

Marsha,

The nagging, so far as I've seen, sticks to within a major
release number of JAWS. If you are already on the final incremental
release within a major release, which I'd think everyone using JAWS 15
would have to be and probably JAWS 16, too, there's nothing else to nag
you about. It's also doubtful that the clients I've worked with over
the years would have tweaked any setting related to updates.

If others have seen any sort of prodding along the lines of,
"Please update to the newest release of JAWS," from JAWS then please
share. That hasn't happened to me yet; I always get that prodding from
technical support!

Brian

--

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell

Be patient with God: Be patient with yourself: Be patient with others.