locked VoiceOver on Macbook Air

Hello All,

           I know that this is off central topic for this forum, so if that's problematic enough to prevent reply here please feel free to contact me via e-mail.

           I have some experience with VoiceOver, but it's almost exclusively on iPhone or iPad devices, and I'm about to get a client who wants to learn VoiceOver on a Macbook Air.  I cannot find any technical specs for the Air that suggest it came in any form as a touch screen device, so interfacing with VoiceOver via mousepad will be entirely new territory for me.

           If anyone has insights they'd like to offer about VoiceOver in this type of environment I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Brian