Re: JAWS 16 question and comment

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 08:18 am, Ann Byrne wrote:
The easiest way to upgrade is to go to JAWS/help/check for updates. That way the software determines whether you have a 64-bit or 32-bit computer, and you don't have to.

 Ann, I absolutely agree.  I made the probably unfounded assumption that this had already been tried and failed.  I've generally found that JAWS will nag you to death to apply the next incremental update (AKA dot update) within a release until you relent and do so.  I think the instance of JAWS 15 not being able to successfully install one of those is the only time I've seen that occur, then no further incremental updates were available afterward.  That was the reason I did an uninstall/reinstall in that situation.  The fresh reinstallation instantly applied incremental updates.  I imagine there are times that for some reason that will never be explained that JAWS might not be checking on its own to see if an incremental update is available.

Brian