Re: Adobe Acrobat Accessibility Page

Nermin

Hi Brian and all,

thought I’d mention that Adobe DC cannot display some documents that Reader 11 is able to show us without any problem.

It seems that Adobe DC is far more stringent when it comes to homouring some of the PDF properties embeded into a file, one of them being “Allow access for screen readers” or similar wording. When this is flagged “false”, JAWS will not display the file, no matter what you try, whereas Reader 11 gives us access to the document.
Technically speaking, Adobes implementation may be correct, but from an accessibility and advocacy point of view, this behaviour is more than questionable and should be communicated to Adobe immediately.
It cannot stand unchallenged since I feel this is discriminating behaviour.

Regards,
Nermin