Hi, Paul. The AdOn for firefox which notifies you of downloads is called, Navigational Sounds, and can be found at the following link:
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2015 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: Sound Extension For Downloading In Chrome
Good evening Mike!
I am sorry to have to pester you with this, but do you know of a similar extension for Mozilla Firefox? Most unfortunately, there are still some pages I have an easier time working with in Firefox, than in Chrome.
I finally found an extension that plays a sound when a download is complete. Info is below:
offered by ehaagwlke
Added to Chrome
Compatible with your device
You get a desktop notification while your downloading finished.
I get the time to make the 'play a sound when download finished' feature configurable. And you also can decide whether the default download shelf should
display or not (though I prefer NOT).
Another change is, there will be more than one notification card displayed.
All things now could be configured via options page.
Here comes three new things:
1. The "Open" button now can be used
2. While one download finished, it would play a sound (not configurable for now)
3. The icon would be visible even if you are using a pure black theme
and one more thing (might be buggy):
- sometimes Chrome thought the file downloaded would be harmful, once this happened, this extension will prompt to ask for your confirmation, and this
will be done on the chrome://downloads page. And, this feature might be buggy, if
you encounter any problem, contact or email me. Thank you.
This extension does two things:
1. Disabled the download shelf. Yes, I personally do not like it. So when I get the change, I just disabled it. You will get a badge while something is
downloading. Sorry no progress bar available for now.
2. Display a desktop notification when your downloading finished, and you could find it by one simple click.
TODO(May be implemented in future, may not):
1. An animated browser action icon which could show the downloading progress
2. A "OPEN" button on the notification card -- depends on whether Google would allow me to do so. [V0.0.4 added]
3. A popup shows all the downloads -- actually it was almost there, if there had not been some annoying bugs.
Updated: June 21, 2015
Languages: See all 2
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12782 (20151227) __________
The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.