Re: CONFUSED! Adobe Reader XI seems to do OCR automatically?

Peter,

          I can confirm what Brad Martin has said in all regards.  I have several clients using JAWS 15 with Adobe Reader XI and it does not do any OCR conversion automatically.  In fact, I recently posted a thread about an alternative to Adobe Reader, Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Viewer, that does have built-in OCR that I have clients use when they want their OCR to be stored permanently with the PDF in question.

          I was under the impression that JAWS OCR did not store the text layer that it creates for a given PDF for future use and that you have to redo the JAWS OCR any time you open that file again.  Am I mistaken?

Brian