Re: problems with firefox plugins and sites using flash

douglas richard dexheimer

i'm afraid if i refresh firefox i may lose the add-ons that allow me to hear my favorite stations and other audio sites; this is the last thing i want to do at this time of year, as i might miss my holiday stuff. would i have to install each add-on one by one, including webvisum, flash, vlc and other embedded players, etc.? or would they all install automatically upon refreshing the browser?

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
cell phone 913-244-0612
drichardd@earthlink.net

On 12/22/2015 9:28 AM, Robert Logue wrote:
Try refreshing Firefox. You may need to delete the config file too.

Help>troubleshooting information>Give Firefox a tune up
Refresh Firefox…

On 12/19/2015 10:39 AM, douglas richard dexheimer wrote:
happy holidays all. recently i've been experiencing adobe flash
player crashes on certain streaming audio sites. it started last
wednesday; i've tried several different settings in about:config to
see if this would fix the issue. sometimes it would, other times it
wouldn't. this crash problem only applies to certain sites that use
flash content, not all. also the webvisum plugin no longer seems to
work; i don't hear any popping noises when loading a page in firefox.
i'm not sure which about:configuration settings i need to make all web
pages using flash behave properly, or how to reactivate the webvisum
plugin. worse case scenario: if i have to uninstall and reinstall
firefox (43.0.1) to restore default plugin settings, i wouldn't know
where to find the download link or file for reinstalling it; what
about saving all my bookmarks and passwords, so i won't have to start
all over from scratch, or try to select "forgot username/password" on
pages where i don't remember those credentials? i know a tech savvy
friend who lives here who could provide some feedback. thanks.