Chicago, IL 60625
cell phone 913-244-0612
drichardd@earthlink.net

On 12/19/2015 12:09 PM, Farfar on Laptop wrote:
So to carry on, make sure to turn off the automatic updates in Firefox
before you get caught with version 43 or 44.

Dave Carlson

From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimited@verizon.net>
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2015 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: problems with firefox plugins and sites using flash

No, this was not done in error, and it will not be corrected in a future
release, either, as I explained in my previous message. Starting with
Firefox 43, Mozilla requires all add-ons to be signed for security reasons.
Webvisum is an unsigned third-party add-on that was abandoned years ago by
its developers who no longer even bother to respond to email inquiries, and
so it will not work with Firefox 43 unless you apply the temporary work
around I explained in my previous message. So if you already have a working
version of Webvisum with an earlier release of Firefox, do not update to
Firefox 43. Starting with Firefox 44 and the next release of Firefox ESR,
Webvisum will no longer work at all, no matter what you try, because this
temporary work around will be disabled or permenantly unflagged. Webvisum's
days are apparently numbered and except for Rumola, which is a paid service,
there is no other alternative for solving image captchas without sighted
help.

Gerald

Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 07:02:31 -0700
From: Bill White <billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>
To: The Jaws for Windows support list. <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
CC: douglas richard dexheimer <drichardd@earthlink.net>

Flash protected mode is a security feature for Firefox which is
implemented
by Adobe for Windows operating systems (Windows Vista/7/8 or above). This
feature is enabled by default, to make it difficult for attackers to
access
your computer.

Flash protected mode might cause Flash performance problems in Firefox,
such
as persistent hangs or plugin crashes. This is especially true for users
on
Windows touchscreen devices and for users who use accessibility tools.

You can turn off Flash protected mode by following these steps:

1. Press Control plus l to open the Location bar, type about:config and
press Enter.

. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may
appear.
Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue to the about:config page.

2. Search for

dom.ipc.plugins.flash.disable-protected-mode

in the list of preferences.

3. Press Enter on the preference to toggle its value from false to true.

4. Press CONTROL plus W to close the about:config window.

5. Close Firefox, and re-launch Firefox for the new setting to take
effect.

Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com