Re: Latest JAWS 16 Update Download Links & What's New In This Update

Louise Johnson <herclouise@...>

Hi thanks for sharing the links and yes I have updated JAWS 16 and no problems yet. I will in the new year put JAWS 17 on the computer and figure out what settings I need to have that I enjoy using now. Louise and princess Kiara

From: Mike B. [mailto:mb69mach1@...]
Sent: December 18, 2015 9:41 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Latest JAWS 16 Update Download Links & What's New In This Update

Hi All,

Below are the 32 & 64 bit direct download links for the latest J16.0.4468 update & what's new in this update.

32 Bit:

64 Bit:

The following is a list of improvements made between the JAWS 16 October 2015 release and the December 2015 update.

To download JAWS 16, go to the
Previous JAWS Downloads page.

list of 8 items
• Resolved an issue reported by some customers using Outlook where JAWS would sometimes not read the currently selected message as you navigated through
a list of messages in a folder. You would hear the message status, such as "unread", but no additional info, like the message sender or the subject.
• When opening the Advanced Find dialog box in Outlook using CTRL+SHIFT+F to search for specific messages and you press F6 to move to the message list,
a customer reported issue was resolved where JAWS would sometimes stop reading the selected message if the window scrolled as you navigated through the
list.
• When navigating a list of messages in Outlook 2016, resolved an issue where the selected message was not being read as expected using speech or Braille.
• Resolved an issue where the message list in Outlook 2010 was not being read correctly after closing a JAWS dialog box.
• Addressed an issue with the Amazon Product Search Research It lookup source not returning results as expected.
• This update contains new drivers from HumanWare for the Brailiant BI Braille display in order to support Windows 10.
• Resolved an issue with the German version of JAWS where the Alva ABT 3 series braille display drivers were not available in the Synthesizer and Braille
Manager.
• Addressed a customer reported issue where buttons on certain web pages were not being read correctly by JAWS.
list end

Take care.
Mike