Re: VLC

Edited

Actually, I'd suggest you use the bundled setup available at the labdv site I posted about.  It sounds like their installer does all the work for you as far as installing the necessary components for the library as well as VLC.  I hadn't found those complete installers until after my initial post with the article with step-by-step manual instructions.

        I also doubt very much that it matters whether you have the 64-bit versus 32-bit version, since the 32-bit version is their primary one and will run just fine on a 64-bit system.