Re: VLC

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Following the links, I don’t think we’re talking a simple  download and copy here, even if I had a working connection at the house.  So I guess that’ll go on the back burner for now.  With that, we turn to my other questions; how does one find the resume feature.  There’s supposed to be one.  I think it might be one of those boxes or buttons accessible with the Touch Cursor (yes, Virginia, this still pertains to JAWS), but the labeling is really poor to nonexistent, as stated before.  The Video Lan site reveals no manual, at least not to me.

Ted

From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@...]
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2015 10:13 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: VLC

As someone has already noted, VLC is an open-source media player that is available for every major platform out there:  Windows, Mac, & Linux.

Everything I can find indicates that the versions since 2.0.1 should have Blu-ray support shipped with them.  However, they also have a page that details libbluray and on that page they have this NB:

Most commercial Blu-Ray are protected by AACS or BD+ technologies and this library is not enough to playback those discs.

People interested in AACS technologies should have a look at libaacs.

People interested in BD+ technologies should have a look at libbdplus.

It appears that you may need to download one or both of those additional libraries and install them to allow VLC to play back commercial Blu-Ray discs, which is what's been under discussion here.

Brian