From: ratshtron
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 9:14 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Can the Windows 10 update message be turned off?

updates need to be set to download but let me install them that way
when they are downloaded you should have a new updates in the task
tray that you can click on and then you tab over to important updates
and you press enter on that to bring up the list of downloaded
updates. down arrow through the list till you find the kb:3035583
update and right mouse click on it. you should then down arrow down
to hide update and you also uncheck the update with the spacebar
before you right click on it. you can then tab to the ok button and
press enter on the install button if there's other updates to install.

Legend has it that on Tuesday 12/15/2015 10:49 PM, Tim Ford said:
Great! One follow-up question please. I am not familiar with how to hide the update file. Can you describe the steps for that?

-----Original Message----- From: ratshtron
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 8:34 PM
To: jfw@groups.io

he can go to the run command and type in:

wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:3035583

re-boot the system.
this will uninstall the update and then when the update comes back he
will need to hide the update and not install it.

Legend has it that on Tuesday 12/15/2015 10:31 PM, Tim Ford said:
A friend of mine has this issue, and I am posting the question on his behalf. He has a Windows 7 machine, running JAWS 16 or 17. He is irritated by some sort of Microsoft message that keeps offering to update him to Windows 10, which he does not want to do. Is there a way to stop these nuisance messages?
Tim Ford