Re: Can the Windows 10 update message be turned off?

cecropia64

Thanks for this. I just uninstalled it and am very greatful to you for this info.
Thanks again.

On 12/15/2015 11:34 PM, ratshtron wrote:
he can go to the run command and type in:

wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:3035583

re-boot the system.
this will uninstall the update and then when the update comes back he will need to hide the update and not install it.

Legend has it that on Tuesday 12/15/2015 10:31 PM, Tim Ford said:
A friend of mine has this issue, and I am posting the question on his behalf. He has a Windows 7 machine, running JAWS 16 or 17. He is irritated by some sort of Microsoft message that keeps offering to update him to Windows 10, which he does not want to do. Is there a way to stop these nuisance messages?
Tim Ford