Re: PayPal

Alice Dampman Humel <alicedh@...>

don’t have JAWS at all…I use a Mac with VoiceOver...

On Dec 11, 2015, at 8:08 AM, Adrian Spratt <Adrian@...> wrote:

If you have JAWS 15 on your system, try PayPal with that loaded. Not a good solution, and it won’t work for anyone who has only JAWS 16 or later installed.

Sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 7:31 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: PayPal

Adrian and all, 
I don’t know if it is related or not, but I’ve suddenly encountered a problem with PayPal  and Lyft. All of a sudden, Lyft tells me my payment was declined (actually, it went through, then they issued me a refund and are now telling me I owe them the money they refunded, but when I try to pay it, using paypal, I get the same thing you are describing, a page that wants credit card info. I contacted both Lyft and PayPal, all I got from PayPal was the advice to clear my cache and browsing history. PayPal still works with Uber, however. 
Sorry if this is unrelated to your issue, but I thought I’d mention it, because it looks like something is going on with PayPal or somewhere. 
Alice 
On Dec 7, 2015, at 5:45 AM, Adrian Spratt <Adrian@...> wrote:

Mike,

The PayPal log-in process you describe is what has always worked for me until now. As I just posted, I can locate the log-in fields with JAWS 15, but not with 16 or 17. Which version did you use here?

Sent: Monday, December 07, 2015 12:22 AM

Hi Adrian,

I went to:

After selecting whatever the hell I selected I pressed  the add to cart button with the spacebar, I then pressed the spacebar on the, Check Out button, I then arrowed down to the, Get PayPal Info button, pressed the spacebar, was taken to another page where I arrowed down to, Have A PayPal Account, arrowed down 1 time to, Log In, & pressed enter.  This took me to where I put in my email & password, & could have finished the transaction.  When I pressed enter on, Log In, it didn't say link or anything, just Log In, & when I pressed enter it took me straight to my Log-in edit fields for PayPal so, I logged in.  Like I said, from there I could have finished the transaction but, I didn't know who to send the crap I ordered to!  LOL  LOL
Take care.
Mike
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 7:17 PM

These are the two websites where I encountered the PayPal problem:

and

But you’d have to initiate checkout to reach the PayPal brick wall.

Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 8:05 PM

Hi Adrian,

I ran across this problem a couple of weeks ago & it seems like I came across a close button that closed that credit card page & got me to where I needed to be.  What website are you having trouble with?
Take care.
Mike
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 4:02 PM

Thanks, Mike, but this is the situation where you’re on another website, you’ve put an item in the cart and now you’re going through the checkout process. You select PayPal as your payment method, and then you’re taken to a PayPal page. The “classic” option isn’t shown here. My past experiences were that at this point, the log-in page would appear. Now it doesn’t. Instead, I’m getting a page with a log-in line that JAWS does not recognize as a button. I press enter on it anyway, but I’m taken to the credit card info page that I don’t want.

This looks like a change at PayPal because I encountered it both times I tried to complete a transaction today, on two different websites. I haven’t used either website before, and I like to use PayPal in such cases because of the payment info shield it provides.

Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 6:27 PM

Hi Adrian,

When I log into PayPal I always try to find the, Classic, link & click on it.  This puts you into an older PayPal webpage.
Take care.
Mike
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 3:22 PM
Subject: Paypal

All of a sudden, Paypal isn't working for me at a critical point. It used to be that when going through a website's checkout process, I'd click on Paypal and be taken to a page where I entered my email and password to complete the transaction. Now I can't get to those edit fields. Instead, I am taken to the option where you fill out your credit card info, which is a second Paypal option. The button to the log-in page takes me to the same page as this credit card info page. Sighted assistance confirms that the button to log in does take you to the page I want, but JAWS apparently can't work with it. I've tried with IE11 and Chrome. Win7.

Has anyone else encountered this obstacle and maybe even found a way around it?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.