jaws reading nonsense

Greg Nickel

All,

Sometimes I encounter articles on the web or in pdf’s downloaded from the same text that JAWS reads as if it were in another language…It sounds like nonsense to me but oddly when I copy the block of text it sounds like the block is copied in English as JAWS will state the number of characters and then the last word, the last word in English.  But the copied material reads gobbled gook when pasted into a word doc.

Also, just today I encountered a google search wherein the search subtext below the result the text was in English then when I navigated to the page wherein that text should have been located it was all in gobbldy gook except for one table of data.

This has happened enough that I thought it worthy of asking about a solution for the problem, if any….