Re: Netflix blind audio demo coming soon

Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@...>

While I completely understand and support not using IE for Netflix, would you consider doing anything with regard to google chrome? Reason I ask is because Firefox has been problematic for me, spamy, and has been a source of vulnerabilities for myself as well as other computers I work with. Looking forward to your demo!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: John Martyn [mailto:johnrobertmartyn@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2015 4:25 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Netflix blind audio demo coming soon

I have reached a point after nearly 50 hours of coding that it is time for an audio demo to show off the scripts. So far, there are two types of navigation and control over the media player in firefox. I have dropped support for Internet explorer in favor of firefox. It just does more in the media player. The navigation is very simple and it is great for those with cognitive disabilities or motor function problems. The keys are close together and menu navigation is simple.
Navigation type 1:
You can press control Slash one time and hit enter to show the top level objects on the page and then select them. Press it twice and hit enter, it shows the second level navigation options for first letter navigation. This is to increase efficiency and speed as well as skip the nonsense and focus on what you want. This method of navigation is fast.
Navigation method 2. Press Control shift slash and a menu appears listing the important sections of netflix on the page. You can arrow or first letter navigate to it, then press the right arrow to view the children of that particular section. Hit enter and it activates it.
Press left arrow and it returns you to the previous menu so you can continue to navigate down the list and preview things before you select them. Once the first search is done, it is fast navigating through the menus. Each time you press the shortcut, it takes about 5 seconds to populate the list and get the approate titles. I am working on increasing the speed, but it is very hard when there is over 2000 objects on the page at a time.
The media player allows you to use the High Definition, move to beginning, end, play pause, skip to next episode and back, change volume and seek time. It allows for you to move back from this page and control fullscreen. Still working on the uadio and subtitles portion as it is very different from internet explorer.
I'll record a demo tonight and show you how this is really neat.
Thanks,
John Martyn