Another Win for Chrome

Gary King

I haven't yet made Google Chrome my default browser, but after my recent experience with Amazon, I am thinking about it.

As an Amazon Prime member, I can get a free Kindle book each month from a list of "Kindle First" books they send me. I tried it for the first time today and couldn't get it done with Internet Explorer 11 and the latest build of JAWS version 16. The page I needed to get the free book just wouldn't come up in the browser when I activated the link for my chosen book. The poor Amazon representative tried to help me, but we finally had to give it up with IE11. I told her that I would try Chrome to see if it would work better. Wish I had done that first! It worked perfectly, and I am currently listening to the book with the Kindle app on my iPad.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net