Re: Clarification regarding conducting a "repair" on JAWS 16...

HAMILTON

Adrian :

Thanks; but, I already have JAWS V: 16.0.4463, and have the executable
".exe" file, as well as that for JAWS V: 17, on my C: drive.

So, leaving that J16 executable file where it is, should I uninstal "all"
current and previous JAWS versions (including V: 16) before running the
below command? And, should I change the number, in the below instruction,
to match the version for which I have the ".exe" file on my C: drive? If
so, I guess that I will need some good eyes around at the time that I do
this.

Alternatively, can I run this command even though JAWS already is installed
on my PC? My original intention was simply to "repair" the version I now
have. Earlier, another lister said that it was important to do this before
considering a move to V: 17. And frankly, I had long ago forgotten that
JAWS could be "repaired", and have never done it! I do hope that I still
can do this without having to uninstall V: 16. So, I should ask, is there
another way to repair a currently being used JAWS version?

Thanks again.

Jim H