From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
via Jfw
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 10:02 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Soronel Haetir
Subject: Re: Merge Utility, Why It's Missing, Explained

Changes to the insert symbol dialog are accomplished by editing the
lists in vkeyboard.jsm (and then re-compiling vkeyboard.jss)

On 11/16/15, Adrian Spratt via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
It's more complicated than that. I keep encountering new problems whose
solutions I'd figured out in the past but had to analyze all over again.
Fixes can also be time-consuming. I'm now having to re-enter all my old
placemarkers. Last night I discovered that JAWS isn't verbalizing symbols
enter via the JAWS insert-4 symbols list. I think I encountered this
problem
before, but can't remember which setting fixed it. (In my case, it's the
result of using a combination of JAWS and the Dectalk Express
synthesizer.)
I've also had to remove the check for inline frames, change my forms
fields
sounds again, and so on. At least I could copy over my dictionary.jdf
file,
which would have been a nightmare to restore. JAWS 17 changed the pitch
of
my synthesizer to a level that irritated my ears and spoiled my
comprehension. It took at least an hour to figure out that in voice
profiles, you can't change pitch when the synth is set to "all," but a
pitch
dialog does appear when you try to change the PC cursor, JAWS cursor,
etc.,
default. A whole lot of reconstruction that shouldn't be necessary.