Re: Amazon issues

Gerald Levy

I placed an order with Amazon two days ago and did not encounter any image captcha. If you have not logged into Amazon in a long time, it is possible that they present the captcha for security purposes and treat you like a first-time shopper. But as long as you shop regularly on the site as I do, you should not encounter a captcha again after this initial log-in. Still, blind consumers should not have to deal with an image captcha under any circumstances on the site of the world's largest online merchant, and perhaps you should contact the NFB, which loves to sue companies whose web sites are not blind-friendly.

Gerald

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2015 2:19 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: Sandra Streeter
Subject: Amazon issues

Hello, all:

For the first time, I am really miffed at Amazon. Has anyone visited recently? They have a new sign-in feature, which, of COURSE, involves captias with no audio equivalent! They give you a link for “having trouble or sight-impaired,” but the only thing there is options for contacting them, which I did, with an “assertive-gram”, which, if you’re experiencing this issue, you might want to follow up on with one of your own so they will listen to us, hopefully. I stated the situation is unacceptable, since many of us are Christmas shopping now, and requested that they immediately remedy things. If anyone has managed to get around the captia and still do check-out, please do email the list and let us know how you did it! Thanks!

Sandra
“To love another person is to see the face of God.”
(Les Miserables--the musical)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20151112/20df96b3/attachment.html>

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.