Re: Jaws and the Cloud, was Jfw Digest, Vol 54, Issue 7

Nermin

Hi all,

I feel this opinion will not be very popular, however, foreign language users of JAWS have always been advised not to import settings from prior versions.
The reason being that some options are not present in older versions, which in turn leads to strange behaviour as soon as the import is done.
I always copy scripts or dictionary files that are not part of the original JAWS manually and redo settings from scratch as suggested.
This would mean that a cloud-based solution would only make sense once the settings have been stored and configured to one's preference.
But I am not a real fan of could solutions, one never knows what FS would save along with personal settings.

Regards,
Nermin