Re: Chrome is Useless!

ratshtron <northstar1950@...>

i am using jaws 15 with crome and i do not have any trouble doing what i need to do with the internet.

Legend has it that on Wednesday 11/11/2015 10:53 AM, Brad Martin via Jfw said:
You are correct; I am using JAWS 15.

On 11/11/2015 10:23 AM, Gary King via Jfw wrote:
Brad,
When I open Google Chrome using the latest version of JAWS 16, I find that Google Chrome settings are loaded. What version of JAWS are you using? I think JAWS used Firefox settings in the past, but now has support for Chrome.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad Martin via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: "Brad Martin" <brad@formyfriends.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:01 PM
Subject: Chrome is Useless!

Curious about all the hubbub on this list (I hadn't read my Email in a week), I installed Google Chrome. Here are my observations:

1. Chrome never asked me a question, never asked if I wanted it to be my default browser, made itself my default--at least on the account under which I installed it, but otherwise was OK.

2. The first time it opened, it felt remarkably like Firefox, except of course for the single menu, which was fine.

3. Pressing Insert Q told me that the settings JAWS had loaded were for Firefox, although I was using Chrome. Kind of interesting.

4. Now that I've told Firefox to resume being the default browser, Chrome can't decide whether it wants to open on my Admin account or not. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

5. On my personal user account, Chrome will not open. Period. Makes it kind of hard to browse the web. Right click. Double Click. Enter. Nothing.

So I would say the one time it worked, it was fine, although it actually felt slower than Firefox for me, but I didn't get much chance to play with it before it went on strike. I'll keep it for another day and see if it decides to work again, but otherwise, I'm trashing it. I don't need the dead weight.

--
Brad Martin