From: Brad Martin via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 11:13 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Brad Martin
Subject: Correction: Chrome Is Not Totally Useless

This morning, Chrome ended its strike, and decided it would open. So
it's not totally useless. My comments previously had nothing to do with
accessibility, and everything to do with the fact that the program
refused to open last night. When it finally started (after I went into
task manager and killed two Chrome Processes that were stuck open), it
was hit or miss; sometimes I'd have to try two or three times before it
would decide to open. Finally, on about the eighth attempt, I started
getting questions and prompts from Chrome, and then it decided it would
function.

So now that it opens pretty consistently, it's not totally useless.
Honestly, though, since I have installed Adblock as an add-on to Firefox
it seems faster than Chrome.

To Adrian's points, I'm not having any issues with Combo boxes at all in
Chrome. For the Save Link As option, I route JAWS to PC (even though the
JAWS cursor reads nothing), and then right-clicked, and I could save the
item linked to. And what I was saying in the first part of my message
last night was that the program installed without asking anything. It
didn't ask if I wanted it to be my default browser; it just made itself so.

What I found most interesting (and helpful) is Chrome's treatment of the
mobile version of Facebook. This is going to sound weird, but for
instance, in Facebook mobile, if I'm using Chrome I can change my
newsfeed between Most Recent and Top Stories. Typically, with other
browsers I have to go to the full Facebook site for this option.

I find that Chrome reads a lot more useless information like "article"
"article end" "story". And all of these items are on separate lines, so
there ends up being a lot more arrowing down.

I'm not sure I'd make it my default, but I may install Adblock for it as
well and see if it improves the speed.

Having said all that, I have an I5 desktop with 8 GB of RAM, so even IE
does not feel sluggish, and since I installed Adblock in Firefox,
Firefox stopped crashing too.

I'm keeping Chrome for now, but at this point Firefox is still my
default browser.

--
Brad Martin
My Facebook page where I post online shopping coupons and deals: