Re: Google Chrome and YouTube

Adrian Spratt

Mario, I don't hear that announcement using IE11. Interesting that you do with IE10. Once in a while F5 will cause an ad to restart, but those are the short ones. F5 is ideal to cut short the long, rambling ads that often show up on YouTube.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Mario via Jfw
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2015 9:19 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Mario
Subject: Re: Google Chrome and YouTube

in my experience, using IE 10 and JAWS 16, it is announced when the ad
can be skipped. that's when you press f5. if it isn't announced that the
ad can be skipped, pressing f5 starts the ad playing again.

On 11/8/2015 8:59 PM, Dennis Clark via Jfw wrote:
Hi Adrian,
I didn't know about F5 to terminate advertisements on Youtube. I usually
try hitting escape which sometimes works, but more often than not, it
simply starts a new advertisement.
So again Adrian, thanks for yet another tip.
Bes,
Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrian Spratt via Jfw"
<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>