Re: Laptop assistance.

Kelly Pierce

Dear Justin,

Have you thought about finding the model number of the Dell laptop you
have for work and buying the current model for yourself? If something
works for you, why experiment with something new?

Kelly

On 11/8/15, Justin McDevitt via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hello everyone:

After many years of strictly being a desktop PC person, I began using a
laptop issued to me by Americorps to use while I am serving with them.

As this laptop is at the Americorps site where I am serving, I would like
have a laptop for my personal use to take notes at meetings, (at church and
in the community etc.

For convenience, It would be great to find a unit with a Numpad, (which my
Americorps Dell laptop includes.) However, as I would be using this
primarily as a Notetaking device, then a more basic device would work fine,
(though there would be no numpad. I have access to Windows365 through the
program where my wife is pursuing a graduate nursing degree. I really would
rather not use my Iphone for the above-referenced purpose.

There is certainly Craigslist, though I would most likely go to Amazon, or
possibly a local shop that sells pre-owned laptops. Any recommendations and
opportunity for further discussion, or to help me determine the best
options/options would be appreciated. In this regard, please feel free to
contact me offlist.

Best to all, Justin